The CK Young Pilot Program
"Parents, we know that taking the first step is the hardest.
That's why we're taking it together."
Drawing on more than 80 years of overnight camp experience, we designed our Young Pilot Program to address the specific needs of first-time, 6 to 10 year old Kweebec campers and their parents.
Different from other introductory or session-style overnight camps, our Young Pilot Program allows children to become fully integrated into the fun, exciting, tight-knit, nurturing environment of Camp Kweebec, experiencing the very best of overnight camp in a shortened 2 week session. Campers in our Young Pilot program receive an unmatched level of personalized support and care to ensure their success, and as the parent of a Young Pilot Program camper, we want to make your child's first experience at overnight camp as stress-free as possible.
This Unique Program Features
- Full participation into all of the fun, friendship, trips, special events and excitement that Camp Kweebec's comprehensive program has to offer
- A warm, welcoming, family oriented environment with more than 80 years of summer camp tradition
- Personalized care and instruction provided by dedicated, experienced staff members specifically trained in working with younger children
- A fun, modern, "cabin-style" living environment where our campers learn important lessons about living with their friends, being a part of a team, and are always reminded to take care of their daily responsibilities like making their beds and brushing their teeth
"The secret of getting ahead, is getting started." ~Mark Twain
As the parent of a Young Pilot Program camper we aim to provide you with constant support through:
- Daily communication with our Program Director
- Phone or Video Calls from your camper up to two times per week
- Daily photos of your child
- Individualized camper newsletters
- A caring team of camp professionals, just a phone call away
Frequently Asked Questions
How are Young Pilot Program campers placed into their bunks? Will they only be with other Young Pilot Program Campers?
- At Camp Kweebec we take great care in creating bunk environments that best balance the personalities and interests of our campers. First time Kweebecers in the Young Pilot Program are placed into the bunk that we feel will give them the best overall camp experience, and as a result they are likely to be with a combination of full session, half session and other Young Pilot program campers.
What activities do Young Pilot campers get to participate in at camp?
- Young Pilot Program campers participate in absolutely everything that happens at Camp Kweebec while they are with us. This includes any trips, special events, or surprises that may be planned, as well as all of our amazing daily programs and activities. For more information on the activities offered at Kweebec and to see an example of the daily schedule that all of our campers follow please visit the Kweebec Program section of this website!
If my child LOVES CAMP and would like to stay for longer than 2 weeks, would this be possible?
- Absolutely! As we only have one Young Pilot session per summer your child will always have a place at camp should they want to stay.
The dates of this summer's Young Pilot Program don't work for us, would we be able to participate in a different 2 week session?
- Unfortunately, no. The Young Pilot Program is only offered during the first two weeks of our camping season.
What makes the CK Young Pilot Program different?
- Unlike camps that specialize in multiple shortened sessions, or "explorer" style programs that only give new campers a 1 or 2 day look at overnight camp, our Young Pilot Program allows first-time campers the chance to truly experience the magic of sleepaway camp. Young Pilot Program campers are never separated from campers staying for our full camp session, and during their 2 weeks at camp they participate in absolutely everything that Kweebec has to offer, including trips, special events, athletic leagues and instruction, performance showcases, watersports, bunk activities and all of the many traditions that make Kweebec so special.
- As the parent of a Young Pilot Program camper, you can expect to receive an unparalleled level of support from our experienced leadership team, as well as constant updates about your child in the form of daily communication with our program director, personalized newsletters, and twice weekly phone or video calls with your camper.
2020 Young Pilot Program:
Dates & Fees
- June 28th, 2020 : First Day of Camp
- July 12th, 2020 : End of Young Pilot Program
Enrollment is extremely limited
Ready to Enroll?
Our easy online enrollment system makes joining the Kweebec family easier than ever. Of course, we are always available to answer any questions, and would be happy to arrange a home visit or camp tour whenever works for you! For more information about tours, home visits, or just to talk about what Camp Kweebec has to offer give our office a call today: 610-667-2123